Quilts and Lace is located in Melbourne, Florida - just a little bit South of Cape Canaveral, Florida. Our customers come mainly from the Space Coast area, with some "Snowbirds" filling our ranks and classrooms in the Winter. Our mission is: "To provide sales, training and service to Baby Lock and Brother machines in the Space Coast of Brevard County. To provide a place for the purchase of sewing accessories, notions and supplies. We try our best to 'under promise and over deliver'."
The owner, Beth Sweet, purchased Quilts and Lace on November 22nd, 2016.
We are an authorized full line dealer for Baby Lock, Brother, Koala, Arrow, Floriani and Anita Goodesign. In addition we also carry a large selection of threads, stabilizers and notions, a selection of quilting and heirloom fabrics, as well as books and patterns. Quilts and Lace staff attends the VDTA/STDA convention every year and the sewing machine dealer conventions in order to stay current with all the new trends in the industry.
We offer classes and events in our 800-1600 sq. ft. classroom, which we call the "Education Center". Our main focus is with Baby Lock and Brother machines and software, as well as Floriani and DIME software. We have monthly clubs on machine embroidery, serger, foot of the month and Scan N Cut. In addition we offer project classes that focus on quilting, heirloom, serger techniques, embroidery and more. Quilts and Lace has hosted several celebrity teacher events, such as Trevor Conquergood, John Deer, Angela Wolf, Mary Mulari, Jenny Doan, Paula Reid, Linda Hall, Missy Billingsley, Evy Hawkins,.... We host frequent Anita Goodesign and DIME embroidery workshops and have an annual embroidery party. Every Fall we also host a Floriani event.
Quilts and Lace has donated countless hours to service older machines, which are used by local charity organizations to teach sewing. We also donate fabric to the local quilt guilds for their community projects. We are all big dog lovers too and accept donations of fabric to make pet beds for the local Humane Society - all fabric scraps from the shop are put inside a pillowcase, which is then sewn shut to form a comfortable mattress for a dog or a cat in the shelter. We support numerous charity organizations in our community, and feel blessed by our customers!
Why purchase with Quilts and Lace?
- 1 year of FREE SERVICE - in addition to the Baby Lock and Brother factory warranty, we extend to our customers 1 year of FREE SERVICE for their new sewing, embroidery or overlock machine. This includes mechanical adjustments, cleaning and oiling.
- In-store Service - We offer our customers the added protection and convenience of an in -store, full time Baby Lock and Brother authorized Service and Repair Technician.
- Trade- up - up to one year trade-up towards a machine of greater value exchange taxes. (Depending on the condition of machine and length of ownership).
- Instructional Classes - Each customer is offered owner's classes. The total number of different technique classes vary depending on the model you purchased. You may take the classes as many times as you need. Classes are free, if you purchase your machine from us.
- Free loaner - During your first 2 years of ownership, if we cannot get your machine repaired in 10 days, we will supply a free loaner at no charge. After 2 years of ownership we will rent a machine for $25 per day.
- Class discount - Receive 10% discount on supplies for the classes at quilts and lace.